Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bible Race: PART 1

Hey everybody! So I have been waiting on God to give me peace about what my next post would be and after what feels like forever--I feel like this is an awesome post to share with you!


"Bible Race" if you have never heard of it before, that is absolutely okay! Because I just made it up about two weeks ago. Here's a little background info:

One of our 4th grade preteens brought a new "gift Bible" to Sunday School and asked me if there was anything we could do with it. To me, this is one of the greatest miracles ever! God had moved on the heart of this 4th grader and when he approached me with his question what I heard was

"I want to be used by God, can we start with this Bible?"

If you ever get this opportunity be sure to cherish it! then stand back...because God will do something amazing! 
I prayed about how to use this Bible--and there it was! BIBLE RACE! God gave me these two words and I felt led to encourage the preteen ministry to gather a bunch of Bibles together to donate some place...I did not quite know where, but I told the preteens that God would provide us with those who are in need of our Bibles. 

As I told the preteens about this mission opportunity, I challenged them, questioned how many they thought they could bring. I heard shouts of 20! 25! 40! 50! 'Whoa, whoa' I thought to myself, I began to think something like 50, might be too many for our preteens. Even though we have a regular attendance of about 40-50 4th and 5th graders, that's still a lot for everyone to bring in only two weeks time! 

I interceded with the number 30, stating this would still be a challenging goal for us to collect in two weeks. And I honestly believed that, but...I also wanted to make sure their goal was achievable. 
But when you let God lead the way...you don't just meet your goals.


We got 56 Bibles on that first Sunday of the BIBLE RACE. 

I titled this post as "Bible Race: PART 1" because I could really use your prayers as we enter our last Sunday of the Bible Race this weekend. Our new goal is 100 Bibles and now that our church heard about what the preteens are doing, they have decided to donate some Bibles as well! 
And, God provided us with a local church severely in need of Bibles, so now we have a place to donate them too. 
God is good, He always provides, He always loves. 
Be Blessed! 


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome man. We had a spur of the moment thing like this about a month ago with our mid/high ministry. We got in deep discussion about our abundance of clothes that fill our closets and how many other kids and adults were out there that didn't have any. Thus, "Battle of the Clothes" was born. I got 2 refrigerator boxes and labeled them boys and girls. They got the wrong idea and assumed it was boys VS girls. So it became a huge all-out battle as to who could bring in the most clothes. Our boxes weren't big enough. At the end of the 3 weeks I hauled a truck bed full of clothes to a local clothes closet. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds sooo cool! I love how God takes our normal ideas, and turns them into something absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing your awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Bible study tonight enjoyed the thoughts 💬💭 God bless you stay safe 💓😘 awesome

    ReplyDelete