Saturday, February 11, 2012

Do You Know What Gets Preteens Really Excited?

ANYTHING THAT GLOWS! 


Friday night was "Preteen Night Out" at my church, and what that means is pretty much absolute mayhem from 6:30 PM until 10:30 PM. It is a super fun event I am blessed to lead. On the 2nd Friday of each month I gather several brave souls (university students--my friends!) and I plan as many crazy games as possible into the 3 hour span. The last hour the kids eat all sorts of snacks and sit down (some have fallen asleep too!) and watch a movie. 

Rarely do I have "theme" nights, I prefer to keep the preteens guessing, but Friday night was themed: PNO BLACKOUT! I provided the 20 something preteens with mini led flashlights and throughout the night they earned additional glow accessories while discovering them all over the church during games. 

If you're thinking about planning an event similar to this I would highly suggest you do it! The preteens absolutely loveee anything that glows. The picture above is a relay race game where the teams had to pass the hoops in order to move forward, while always having at least one foot inside a glow hoop. 

A variety of cops and robbers-type games were huge hits, as well as hide-and-seek games (but don't call it hide and seek, they might think that's a "kiddy-game"). 

If you have any other questions or would like more details on how to plan please let me know!
Be blessed! 





No comments:

Post a Comment