Thursday, March 1, 2012

Preteen Apologetics!

If you have read my previous posts about these "preteen" apologetics go on and read ahead! If this is the first time you have seen these, then allow me to explain.

These preteen apologetics are more like short discussion questions. Each question can have numerous answers, but every answer given must be supported with a verse from the Bible. It amazes me how a 4th or 5th grader can look through the Bible and use a verse they know to support their decision about each question. I always try to find a few verses myself that I feel can support what God has led me to instruct as the correct answer, and if you use these questions feel free to use verses that may better suit your preteens!

And as always I remind everyone of this motto:

"There's what I think, what you think, and what God Knows."

1.) Could it be a sin to watch TV all day? 
-   John 15:8          -   Matthew 6:21 


2.) Should Christians try to work hard in their jobs?
-   Colossians 3:23


3.) What should a Christian leader act like?
-   Mark 10:42-45


4.) Should Christians ever hide their faith? (this is kind of tricky question)
-   Matthew 5:16 


5.) Should a Christian be willing to give away all their possessions for Christ? 
(yes, but we may not always have to)
-   Matthew 13:44

1 comment:

  1. My family and I live in Washington State. Our son, a 5th grader, came to Christ at around 8 yrs old. He loves the bible, the people, and how God shows love to his people.
    Sanctification is a process of trusting God and leaning on His understanding. Recently, my son made the choice to not dress and walk with his classmates because they dress and advertise to read Harry Potter book series. He said “I know the bible says I am not to play or socialize with that type of belief, but I don’t know where it is in the bible.” Then it hit me, it is time to really focus on Apologetics and how not following God’s ways affects us in the natural. It can be proven through science that God’s ways are better than my own.
    He is struggles with the thoughts of what his teacher thought of Him, the looks that could/ was given to him, or what he really believes since it does not “feel good” to stand. He has encountered more and more of this….

    Please do not stop posting. Families like mine, really needs this…. Please continue to post. I will begin using your questions this evening.

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete