Friday, March 2, 2012

Preteen Newsletter

So this has been one of the best ways to communicate with our parents as well as showcase our preteens!
If you are looking for a way to update families about current events, and update them about different things throughout the month, I will say that using some form of a monthly newsletter is key to staying in touch.

Edited to respect privacy
I love to attend events our preteens are involved in. From piano to amateur go-kart racing, I have been to all sorts of things and I LOVE IT! What better way to get involved with their families than to be cheering alongside your preteen's parents. I will say though, it's during many of the musicals and plays that I have been known to get a little teary-eyed haha!

It has helped to have the right software to create a newsletter similar to the one I make each month, but even microsoft publisher is great! I usually make it two pages long with things such as:

  • List of Birthdays
  • Special Events
  • Fun Trivia 
  • Relevant Ministry Stuff
  • Bible Verses 
  • Lots of Pictures!

What is most important is being able to communicate monthly updates, reminders, and having a public way to spotlight your preteens!



I should probably use InDesign, but I'm a photographer and I love Photoshop!
If you have any questions or would like some advice on how to start your own newsletter please feel free to ask!

Be Blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment